Myra [myramking]

Before posting or replying, please introduce yourself to the SMT Community!
Lyanna Stark

Re: Myra [myramking]

Postby Lyanna Stark » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:15 pm

myramking wrote:Not sure who is going to read this, a little delayed response.

Japan was wonderful. My husband and I stayed in Tokyo and met up with some friends. Then went exploring on our own the second week.

I bought some lovely brushes at the Hakuhodo shop in Minami Aoyama. I didn't venture to other brush shops really. I did go to a mall where Suqqu and other brands were being sold.
I highly recommend going to any 100 yen store if anyone visits Japan. You can purchase all sorts of cosmetics goodies for super duper cheap. I was amazed at how much I was able to get for 500 yen.

Food was amazing. People were great. My favorite part of the whole trip was when my husband and I went to see Mt. Fuji. What a sight to see. Absolutely breath taking.

Cheers!

We are reading!

What did you get at the Haku shop? What did you get at the 100 yen store? Did you go right on up to Fuji, or was there an especially good spot from which to take in its presence?

myramking

Postby myramking » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:02 pm

I purchased the Snowflake Hakuhodo Christmas Set. Worth the money! It is only sold in Japan or on their website. The tamage pencil brush is amazing.Was hoping Sonia could tell me whether it is close to the Suqqu S brush?
I have never had a brush with the capabilities of this one before. It can pack, blend, and diffuse color and has enough strength to do so without being floppy or too stiff. And seems to be retaining it's slight pointiness.

At the 100 yen store, I bought some eyebrow scissors (in the US it seems I have to buy small cuticle scissors but they have smaller scissors there meant for eyebrows), some lipstick, gloss, and falsies. I bought some blushes at another store, but they were more expensive. And some eyeshadows. Can't remember the brand.

We just walked in the general direction of Fuji once we got off the bullet train at Fuji City. You can see it at all times. We had a map from the train station, flagged a taxi down and pointed to a park that was closer to the mountain. There was a park that we happened upon while we were walking and we took pictures there. At the park closer to the mountain, you could see the top mostly. I say just get a map, flag a taxi down and go towards the mountain!
"Yes" and "Thank you" in Japanese will get you a long way, as well as pointing. It was my favorite day of the whole trip by far.

—Myra
http://instagram.com/myramking/

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." --Joe Sabah

myramking

Postby myramking » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Also, pictures do it no justice at all. It is very large and magnificent mountain to behold. Think everyone should try to see it before they die! Breath-taking is the best way to describe it.
—Myra
http://instagram.com/myramking/

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." --Joe Sabah

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Thank you for sharing, Myra :ty: I really appreciate to hear about your experiences and see your beautiful photo. I am collecting inspiration for the day I hope to go myself :D

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:22 pm

Yes, thanks for posting, Myra. My bf and I were actually talking about getting a look at Fuji when we're in Japan. I've been before (Tokyo & Kyoto), but don't remember seeing it. Though from web photos, it seems unmissable. But I will make a concerted effort to take it in this time around!

Also, the tamage brush. ;)

Return to “Welcome thread”