Page 1 of 2

Myra [myramking]

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:29 pm
by myramking
Hello! My name is Myra, and I love Japanese makeup brushes.

I'm no stranger to Sonia's blog. Been following since the early days, and comment on blog posts here and there. Got into makeup about a decade ago. REALLY got into makeup about 7 years ago. Started with MAC as most people do and then worked around. Favorite brands include Chanel, Suqqu, Inglot, and Cle De Peau, among others.

In terms of brushes: Suqqu, Chikuhodo, Hakuhodo, Koyudo are the big ones, but I'll try just about anything. I post occasional pictures of my brushes on Instagram, under the same name as my username here.

Next week, I travel to JAPAN for the first time in my life. Will be hitting up the Hakuhodo brush shop in Minami-Aoyama. I am VERY, VERY EXCITED.

Hope everyone is doing well. I love forward to posting here instead of being a lurker, as I have been for some time now!!


Myra

Re: My name is .... and I'm a brush-a-holic

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:01 pm
by Jeanette
Welcome Myra! I'm sure you'll like it here. We have lots of fun and very little money :lol:

Re: My name is .... and I'm a brush-a-holic

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:16 pm
by myramking
Jeanette wrote:Welcome Myra! I'm sure you'll like it here. We have lots of fun and very little money :lol:


Thank you, Jeanette! That sounds like the story of my life so I should fit right in!

Don't know what I'm going to do when I enter brush heaven in Tokyo. Probably cry and then wish I had saved more money for the trip.

Re: My name is .... and I'm a brush-a-holic

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:32 pm
by Carlyn
Welcome Myra and do tell us of your experience in Japan. The rest of us can live vicariously through you. Enjoy!

Re: My name is .... and I'm a brush-a-holic

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:14 pm
by myramking
Carlyn wrote:Welcome Myra and do tell us of your experience in Japan. The rest of us can live vicariously through you. Enjoy!


Thank you, Carlyn!
I would love to tell all about it. Since I'm new here, where should I post at? The Shopping Abroad for Japan topic?

Re: My name is .... and I'm a brush-a-holic

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:29 pm
by gatos
Hello Cornelia and Myra! Welcome and I hope you enjoy yourselves around here, we are all nuts (which I am sure is no news to you :lol:) and always love meeting/enabling/being enabled by more brush junkies!

Re: My name is .... and I'm a brush-a-holic

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:36 pm
by SoniaG_Admin
myramking wrote:Hello! My name is Myra, and I love Japanese makeup brushes.

I'm no stranger to Sonia's blog. Been following since the early days, and comment on blog posts here and there. Got into makeup about a decade ago. REALLY got into makeup about 7 years ago. Started with MAC as most people do and then worked around. Favorite brands include Chanel, Suqqu, Inglot, and Cle De Peau, among others.

In terms of brushes: Suqqu, Chikuhodo, Hakuhodo, Koyudo are the big ones, but I'll try just about anything. I post occasional pictures of my brushes on Instagram, under the same name as my username here.

Next week, I travel to JAPAN for the first time in my life. Will be hitting up the Hakuhodo brush shop in Minami-Aoyama. I am VERY, VERY EXCITED.

Hope everyone is doing well. I love forward to posting here instead of being a lurker, as I have been for some time now!!


Myra

Hi Myra!
Welcome :dance: oh my... you are going to have so much fun, it's quite a magic place over there! I hope you will have the best time ever!

Looking forward to reading your stories :)

Re: Myra [myramking]

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:09 am
by jilliciouscosmetics
Myra!

So happy to see you here :) I definitely can't wait to read about your trip there!

Re: Myra [myramking]

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:55 am
by Rachel
Hi Myra!
Welcome!i'm new here,too
you went to japan?i always want to travel to japan but don't have the time,jealous of you,LOL
anyway,how was your trip?what makeups did you buy?
maybe you can try http://www.jpbidding.com to buy goods from japan,cause i usually use this 3rd party service to buy things from japan,that's quite convenient by the way.

Re: Myra [myramking]

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:03 am
by myramking
Not sure who is going to read this, a little delayed response.

Japan was wonderful. My husband and I stayed in Tokyo and met up with some friends. Then went exploring on our own the second week.

I bought some lovely brushes at the Hakuhodo shop in Minami Aoyama. I didn't venture to other brush shops really. I did go to a mall where Suqqu and other brands were being sold.
I highly recommend going to any 100 yen store if anyone visits Japan. You can purchase all sorts of cosmetics goodies for super duper cheap. I was amazed at how much I was able to get for 500 yen.

Food was amazing. People were great. My favorite part of the whole trip was when my husband and I went to see Mt. Fuji. What a sight to see. Absolutely breath taking.

Cheers!