Dusty

Before posting or replying, please introduce yourself to the SMT Community!
dusty

Dusty

Postby dusty » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:00 am

Hi guys! I am Dusty, new brush lover here! I got my first Japanese brush (from Hak) a year ago and just fall in love with finely made makeup brushes. I feel very close to Japanese makeup brushes because I practice Chinese calligraphy and I use calligraphy brushes (and of course own a lot lol).... I do not know if the connection is obvious enough ;p

I definitely see myself being a collector in the future, hunting down rare * weird brushes; but currently I am just trying to choose wisely to meet my daily makeup needs! I am excited to join the forum and meet you guys!

Also I am a big fan on fountain pens... I just have a soft spot for fine handcraft.... :D

Dusty.

brushjunkie

Re: Dusty

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:30 am

Welcome to Smutville Dusty! I bought the fountain pen that matches the makie design of the Chiku MK-2 and I can see myself getting hooked on them as well. :doh: :lol: :laughing-rolling: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Dusty,
I will open a category for calligraphy and painting brushes, I think it's about time!
I practice calligraphy on magic paper with water and I love it!
My bf and I are also fans of fountain pens, specially him!
welcome!! :dance:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

dusty

Postby dusty » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:57 pm

brushjunkie wrote:Welcome to Smutville Dusty! I bought the fountain pen that matches the makie design of the Chiku MK-2 and I can see myself getting hooked on them as well. :doh: :lol: :laughing-rolling: :mrgreen:

Oops brushjunkie I just saw your post! The makie designs on Japanese brands are beautiful! I recently discovered Pelikan maki-e series... on the pictures, the complexity and richness are already unbelievable....

dusty

Postby dusty » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Sonia_Admin wrote:Hi Dusty,
I will open a category for calligraphy and painting brushes, I think it's about time!

That would be wonderful! I can only find a very limited amount of info on calligraphy brushes in English. It would be nice to start the discussion here! Do you practice Japanese characters or an alphabetical language? I find it is so hard to write English letters with calligraphy brushes! SO MANY CURVES!!! :lol:

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:29 am

dusty wrote:
Sonia_Admin wrote:Hi Dusty,

That would be wonderful! I can only find a very limited amount of info on calligraphy brushes in English. It would be nice to start the discussion here! Do you practice Japanese characters or an alphabetical language? I find it is so hard to write English letters with calligraphy brushes! SO MANY CURVES!!! :lol:

Yes it would be nice!
I practice Japanese characters, for example I learn a word and practice just that word for a while, I just find the whole process relaxing :D
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Aww thats nice,dusty!  welcome aboard :D

Return to “Welcome thread”