Hello fellow brushnuts!

Before posting or replying, please introduce yourself to the SMT Community!
hellofafa

Hello fellow brushnuts!

Postby hellofafa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:37 pm

I'm ridiculously excited to be a part of the SMUTy forum so thank you for having me! :dance:

I first stumbled across Sonia's incredible blog a few years ago while researching the first collection of makeup brushes from Rae Morris. Back then, Rae Morris brushes were the be all and end all to me. Especially since being a fellow Aussie made her collection so much more accessible to get my mittens on. You lovelies are all familiar with what happened next: stumbling across this blog was like discovering the wardrobe to Narnia. I entered through those doors and I'm not sure I've ever returned.

Since then I have slowly built up a treasured brush collection compiled of Wayne Goss, Chikuhodo, Hakuhodo, Suqqu and, of course, Rae Morris. I couldn't have build this brush-trove of mine without all the generous and patient help/advice from some of you ladies on IG so :ty: x a million.

When I first received the "Account Activated" email, I distinctly remember shouting to my boyfriend on the other side of the house, "Yaaaas! I've joined a forum full of others passionate about makeup brushes - just like me!". I think he was just relieved that I finally had an outlet for my brush (crazy) talk that didn't involve him listening :whistle:

It's a real treat to be able to connect with you all and share/acquire knowledge in this little corner of the internet. There's no turning back through those wardrobe doors now...

brushjunkie

Re: Hello fellow brushnuts!

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Welcome to Smutville! :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:29 pm

How wonderful!
No there is no turning back now... once you start, you make it a passion and it gets better every day :)
I hope you have fun and you discover even more beauties!
Your introduction cracked me up.. and my bf sitting next to me (just passing) was also very impressed :lol:
Welcome sweetie! :dance:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

hellofafa

Postby hellofafa » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:05 am

brushjunkie wrote:Welcome to Smutville! :mrgreen:

Heheh, thank you so much! So excited to be here :D

hellofafa

Postby hellofafa » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 am

Sonia_Admin wrote:How wonderful!
No there is no turning back now... once you start, you make it a passion and it gets better every day :)
I hope you have fun and you discover even more beauties!
Your introduction cracked me up.. and my bf sitting next to me (just passing) was also very impressed :lol:
Welcome sweetie! :dance:

Every day I walk further and further beyond those doors as my passion continues to grow. There's no turning back - a world of fude forever!
Knowing that I cracked you up and received the bf's seal of approval at the same time has made my week, and it's only Monday! :dance:
Thank you for such a warm welcome Sonia!

gatos

Postby gatos » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 pm

HELLOOOOOO lovely Fari!!! What a delight to see you here :D You were a long overdue member in this crazy house hehehe :romance-heartsfade:

hellofafa

Postby hellofafa » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:21 am

gatos wrote:HELLOOOOOO lovely Fari!!! What a delight to see you here :D You were a long overdue member in this crazy house hehehe :romance-heartsfade:

HELLLLOOOO dearest!!! (may I call you Cat? Or what do you prefer? :romance-heartsmiley: ) Thank you for such a warm welcome :romance-wub:

It's a delight to be here. I can see myself having a lot of fun with all of you in this mad house hehehe

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good :angelic-halo:

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:48 pm

Welcome!!! Thanks for joining us and seriously, be prepared to say goodbye to money....

That's the worst thing about joining the forum... but hey at least, you have someone to enthuse about your addiction right, RIGHT?!

I think we're going to start seeing a few hauls when the SMUTties who went over to Japan come back....

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Happy to see you here , welcome aboard sweetie :D

hellofafa

Postby hellofafa » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:06 am

Thank you so much, Bonnie, for such a warm welcome! Haha, yes, I did enter this realm with the knowledge that I may be living off baked beans for as long as my brush obsession lasts.

You're so RIGHT!!! I'm so happy to have found you all to share this addiction with, and to know that I am not alone (my brushless friends think I'm a lil' crazy) :D

Cannot wait to see what the travelling SMUTties will reveal in these hauls :romance-hearteyes:

Return to “Welcome thread”