Haneulhouseki

Before posting or replying, please introduce yourself to the SMT Community!
haneulhouseki

Haneulhouseki

Postby haneulhouseki » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Hello everyone! I've just recently become obsessed with Japanese makeup brushes. While I've heard of Hakuhodo a few years ago, I didn't really pay attention to it and the possibilities of the Japanese fude world until my friend introduced Chikuhodo to me about 2-3 weeks ago!

I've mainly been using cheaper brushes for the majority of my life: Sonia Kashuk, Ecotools, Real Techniques, MAC, Sigma, Sedona Lace and was never really impressed by natural hair brushes because MAC brushes always felt scratchy and not very soft to me. Sedona Lace has to be my favorite low-mid range brush line (vortex set). Then with my obsession with Japanese makeup brushes, I've come to realize that natural hair can really be soft and apply nicely!

I've been to Japan many times and I speak, read and write Japanese, but I've never really bought any makeup there (because I have a ton already, Japanese included) nor have I bought brushes while I was there :o What a mistake! Oh, the regret! I was just there in the end of March-early April too! :doh:

After many hours of reading Sonia's lovely blog and doing tons of research on brushes, I decided to place a CDJapan order for a variety of them as well as a Beautylish order.

I ordered:
    Wayne Goss 06
    Chikuhodo T-7
    Mizuho Large Eye Shadow Brush CMP521 (because the pointed blending one was out of stock)
    Koyudo fu-pa07-p
    Koyudo Macaroon Kabuki Brush
    CDJapan CB100 Powder Angled Brush
    Koyomo Pearl Pink Series Face Brush
    Koyomo Pearl Pink Series Shadow Brush

Overall, I am impressed, although I would say that I was perhaps over-hyping the brushes and expecting them to be like unicorn fur :D The Chikuhodo is so soft and is better at laying down color and blending than the Wayne Goss. The Mizuho eyeshadow brush is good for a soft wash of overall color, Koyudo fu-pa07 is good for liquid/cream foundations (my skin has been glowing from the exfoliation from this brush O_O), CDJapan brush I would say it's not dense enough for blush so it's just a normal powder brush, Koyomo brushes are SUPER soft (I regret not getting the blush brush), and I haven't used the Macaron yet.

Anyway, I'm totally looking forward to more orders (my poor, poor wallet) when holiday season comes! I am going to stalk the Chikuhodo Japanese site to see when they announce their new holiday sets. Last year their announcement for pre-orders was on 10/27 :P Also want to try Hakuhodo!

Sorry for the long post. I've gotten into a bad addiction!! Haha. :whistle:
Attachments
brush.JPG
Last edited by haneulhouseki on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Haneulhouseki

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:38 pm

Hi Mabel,

Thank you for your great introduction and welcome onboard!

You have already a nice variety of what's available today, you are probably very curious today but you will get even more with time :D and I hope you'll continue sharing your experiences!
I love the Koyomo, really special and how to resist to the whole range now!

I can't believe you have been there and no brushes, impressed you can read and speak Japanese :clap: I would definitely need your help!! :mrgreen:

I am happy to see you here and wish you lots of fun and new discoveries :ty:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

hellofafa

Postby hellofafa » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:48 am

Welcome lovely! Really enjoyed reading your story on discovering the magic of fude.

Wow! That's incredible that you've been to Japan many times and haven't purchased any makeup or brushes there! I'm visiting Japan for the first time in April/May 2016, and am terrified that I will go a little insane while shopping for makeup and brushes (I fear for my wallet's health).

Beautiful choices too! I absolutely love my Koyomo eye brush, I couldn't stop brushing it against the back of my hand when I first received it.

Looking forward to seeing your next additions to your collection :D

haneulhouseki

Postby haneulhouseki » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:04 pm

Sonia_Admin wrote:Hi Mabel,

Thank you for your great introduction and welcome onboard!

You have already a nice variety of what's available today, you are probably very curious today but you will get even more with time :D and I hope you'll continue sharing your experiences!
I love the Koyomo, really special and how to resist to the whole range now!

I can't believe you have been there and no brushes, impressed you can read and speak Japanese :clap: I would definitely need your help!! :mrgreen:

I am happy to see you here and wish you lots of fun and new discoveries :ty:

I know right? Going to the magical land of fude and not buying any! Most of the time, desserts and food are my #1 priority :dance: Would love to help you out when you need it!

hellofafa wrote:Welcome lovely! Really enjoyed reading your story on discovering the magic of fude.

Wow! That's incredible that you've been to Japan many times and haven't purchased any makeup or brushes there! I'm visiting Japan for the first time in April/May 2016, and am terrified that I will go a little insane while shopping for makeup and brushes (I fear for my wallet's health).

Beautiful choices too! I absolutely love my Koyomo eye brush, I couldn't stop brushing it against the back of my hand when I first received it.

Looking forward to seeing your next additions to your collection :D

Nice!! You're going to love Japan :P although when I went back in the spring there were sooo many people :o I think the next time I go back will have to be a low-tourist season! Haha :lol: Be prepared for crowds! Ah yes, don't go broke from buying too many of the beauties ;)

hellofafa

Postby hellofafa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:27 am

I hear it's going to be very busy but we really wanted to go during Golden Week. So many things to see and festivals to join in on!
Hehe, hope I don't go broke, though I know it's highly likely with all the beauty :drool:

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:31 pm

Welcome to Smutville! A friend gifted me with the Koyomo pink powder brush. Now I want the pencil eyeshadow lol. :lol:

I can't believe you went to Japan so many times and didn't get one makeup brush?! :o So when is your next trip there? :lol: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

haneulhouseki

Postby haneulhouseki » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:10 pm

hellofafa wrote:I hear it's going to be very busy but we really wanted to go during Golden Week. So many things to see and festivals to join in on!
Hehe, hope I don't go broke, though I know it's highly likely with all the beauty :drool:

omg golden week will be even crazier!!! good luck :o :P

brushjunkie wrote:Welcome to Smutville! A friend gifted me with the Koyomo pink powder brush. Now I want the pencil eyeshadow lol. :lol:

I can't believe you went to Japan so many times and didn't get one makeup brush?! :o So when is your next trip there? :lol: :mrgreen:

thank you! wow, what a nice friend :D haha yeah, the nerve of me! i can't believe myself either :naughty: not sure when the next time i'll be going but hopefully in the next few years ;)

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:34 am

Hey Mabel! We chatted on IG a couple weeks ago. Nice to see you over here too!

haneulhouseki

Postby haneulhouseki » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:59 pm

Lyanna Stark wrote:Hey Mabel! We chatted on IG a couple weeks ago. Nice to see you over here too!

Hi Lyanna! :) I just followed you on IG!

Return to “Welcome thread”