Hola!

Before posting or replying, please introduce yourself to the SMT Community!
lafemmedunette

Hola!

Postby lafemmedunette » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:18 am

Hi Everyone,

My name is Cristy, I'm a 41 year old Los Angeles native (Mexican-American) now residing in Toronto with my Canadian husband. We've been married for almost a year and a half, but I wasn't able to move here until this last March. I can write a book about long distance relationships, but that's another story ... :lol:

Let's see, where do I start ... I've always loved makeup and brushes. My first ever brush purchase was the MAC 116 when I was 18, and up until maybe 5 years ago, all I owned were MAC brushes. I found Sonia's awesome and amazing blog in 2012 when I was doing some research on the new Tom Ford brushes I had purchased, and WOW ... her blog became a college course complete with mid-terms and finals that I had to pass with flying colors of the brush world :laughing-rolling: ... seriously though, Sonia, you are amazing!!!! From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all this knowledge.

My first foray into Japanese brushes was around March 2012 with my first purchase of the Suqqu cheek after seeing Lisa Eldridge's video. I luckily had a friend in the UK who sent his mom into Selfridges to buy it for me. I was so embarrassed to ask because of the cost and feared he'd think I was a nut :lol: Thankfully I don't have to do that anymore and acquiring brushes is much easier today. After the Suqqu I found a wonderful video on youtube by SMUTy member Bora (Konglishbeauty). I must have watched that video 1000 times and pulled the trigger and purchased the entire Z Series all at once in 2014. From then on I never looked back!

My only regret is that I wished I had joined your community sooner! You ladies have the most amazing friendship and so much fun together. But between traveling to Toronto back and forth the last 2.5 years, work, family commitments and having a 22 year old son in his final year at University I barely had little time for myself.

And on a caveat, I just want to say thank you :ty: to all the lovely ladies who have friended me on Instagram and shared your pictures. I feel as much happiness and excitement as if it was me getting that beautiful new brush when I see your posts :D

Lots of love and brush happiness to everyone! I hope we can be friends :)
IG: lafemmedunette

Peach

Re: Hola!

Postby Peach » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:34 am

Hi Cristy, I'm Lesley and I am new here as well so please don't feel too left out, haha :D I am also Canadian and I too know a thing or two about long distance relationships. My last relationship lasted for 3 years and the guy actually lived in GTA, specifically Vaughan! My first foray into brushes was MAC too! I had the 129, but gave it away because it was way too scratchy. I still own the 239 which I love to death, 217 and 168 though. :)

I am looking for the perfect squirrel blush brush and I think the Z-4 might be it. I do own the Z-8 but I just washed it, but ideally I am looking for something denser than my Hakuhodo K020. With this being said.. I am VERY tempted to purchase the whole Z-series. Eek!! :shock: Feel free to feed/discourage my lemming!

lafemmedunette

Postby lafemmedunette » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi Lesley!

Nice to meet you! I still own quite a few MAC brushes, around 30, mostly eye brushes... I think the only face brushes I still have are the 116, 129SH and the 150 I believe (which I've never used) ... :lol:

The perfect squirrel blush brush .... :think: ... I own 19 pure squirrel blush brushes of different variety hair; red, blue, gray, canadian ... I do love the Z4, so for sure, I highly recommend any of the Z Series brushes. Those are my favorite, in quality, design, weight and craftsmanship. I have other brushes with more elaborately decorated handles, but every time I hold one of the Z Series, I feel like I'm holding a piece of art. :)

hellofafa

Postby hellofafa » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:00 am

Hello Cristy!

It's so great to see you here, welcome lovely!

I added you on IG some time ago and am constantly inspired by your gorgeous brush collection. Could not stop love-heart eyeing your Suqqu brush collection - ultimate goals right there!

Loved reading about your adventure into the brush world. I burst out laughing while reading about your Suqqu cheek brush endeavour as I too approached my poor, male high school friend with the same mission while he was living in London. All for our love of fude :romance-heartsmiley:

Thank you :ty: for sharing your beautiful collection on IG! Isn't it wonderful to share all this brush love, excitement and happiness?!

I hope we can be friends too! :D

lafemmedunette

Postby lafemmedunette » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi Fafa!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad you loved that Suqqu brush post ... I wish I had the opportunity back in the day to acquire the unicorn Eyeshadow S brush! I so hope they bring that one back some day :doh:

LOL, yes, the things we do for the love of the fude :lol: ... I'm glad you had a friend you could ask! Honestly, I'm so glad that access has become much better. 3-4 years ago it was a nightmare to get some of these brushes :cry:

Mil besos bonita! I can't wait to see your brush haul when you go to Japan ... You're going to have a wonderful time!!! We shall be living vicariously through you next Spring! :romance-inlove:

hellofafa

Postby hellofafa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:43 am

Ohhhh, yes, me too! That majestic Suqqu S brush! If only...

Couldn't agree more! It's incredible how much easier it is to access beauties from all over the world. The internet is a magical thing that has created great big holes in my wallet.

Aww, thank you, I'm so excited to be going! I cannot wait to see what and just how much I can haul back :D

Toto850

Postby Toto850 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:00 am

Hey you! So great to see you here after all our encounters on IG. Haha! :lol: :lol:

Our brushes will be touching soon enough again. :D
'The most beautiful make-up of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.' - Yves Saint Laurent

My IG: Toto_850

Return to “Welcome thread”