Hi all! :)

Before posting or replying, please introduce yourself to the SMT Community!
Peach

Hi all! :)

Postby Peach » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:24 am

Hi SMUT community :D My name is Lesley and I am currently 19 years old, Canadian-born Chinese and attending university, pursuing a double major in B.A. Communications Studies & Sociology. :) I certainly feel very young here, haha. I actually know no one here but I am probably following some of your IGs, but feel free to add lesl0ser :D

My brush/makeup adventures started pretty early, at roughly the age of 14 (I do have some expendable income). My first entry to makeup was primarily Korean BB creams and MAC; my very first brushes in fact were the MAC 129 which I have since given away since it was very scratchy, and the 217 and 239, which I still have to this day. :) I eventually accumulated brushes from Bobbi Brown, Sephora Professionel and I.T. (both discontinued), Zoeva, Sigma, EcoTools, Real Techniques, etc. Although I have owned the Hakuhodo K002, K020, S142Bk and S146Bk for a year, it has only been in the past few months that I have replaced my brush collection with loves from Hakuhodo (mostly J series), Chikuhodo and Koyudo. :D

During my teen years my skin-type varied wildly anywhere between very oily and very dry mostly due to 1) crazy teenage hormones (obviously) and 2) not knowing how to treat eczema and acne-prone dry and sensitive skin, which I now have under control. That is to say, I do know a thing or two about how to foundation/base for most skin types. :)

Moving onto brushes, I'll share my [always changing] HGs; I actually find it increasingly hard to pick just one :'(:
Powder: Chikuhodo MK-2 (I use Meteorites) but the Hakuhodo J104 is a very close second...
Foundation: I honestly prefer my BeautyBlender these days, but if I had to pick a brush it would be the Sigma F80 (which I have somehow lost :/)
Blush (powder): Toss-up between Hakuhodo J110 and Chikuhodo GSN-04. Like many of you I am a blush fiend, it is quite hard to choose for this one especially! :(
Blush (cream): Hakuhodo J544
Highlight: Hakuhodo B5521
Contour: Zoeva 110 Face Shape (I have this in rose gold!) I prefer precise contours and really carve out my cheekbones :D
Concealer: Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush (I normally just use BB sponge though)
Shader: MAC 239. NEED. MORE.
Crease: S146Bk/J146!! I am OBSESSED. Just perfection for Asian and hooded eyes.
Blending: Sephora Professionel 29 Blending Brush (discontinued; sable hair!)
Brow: bdellium tools 762. Small but not too small, very thin and precise! I only have one but now want to order multiples!
Liner: bdellium 762. I don't use gel liner any longer since I prefer my liquid pens but I would pick this one.
Smudging: Real Techniques Accent Brush. If it came individually I would have multiples.

My brush goals as of late is to accumulate some beauties from FudeJapan's instagram with unique/special/colourful handles! I also want to find the perfect squirrel blush brush: next haul I'll be getting the Z-4, I just received the Z-8 but I just washed it today. I have the K020 but I want something just more dense, approximately the same size. I am also lemming the Koyudo red + Canadian squirrel LE beauties! I would also like to find a natural hair version of the Zoeva 110, but it is quite hard to find small, dense and round brushes for the face. Actually, I am looking for any brush good for precise contouring period.

Woo this ended up getting very long, but needless to say I am excited to meet all of you. :D Feel free to ask me any questions!

lafemmedunette

Re: Hi all! :)

Postby lafemmedunette » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:36 pm

Great to read your introduction! I just added you on IG :D

Looks like you are on your way to a great collection of brushes! I don't contour but I do have a few brushes that are supposed to be for contouring ... I'm sure other SMUTy members have great recommendations though!
IG: lafemmedunette

hellofafa

Re: Hi all! :)

Postby hellofafa » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:45 am

Welcome aboard Lesley! :D

Really enjoyed reading your introduction into makeup and the wonderful world of brushes.

You've got a great collection - well picked! My Hakuhodo J110 has to be one of my most well-loved brushes.

Just followed you on IG as well! I only recently joined here too and so far everyone has been so warm and lovely :romance-grouphug: I trust you're going to have a lot of fun here and your collection will only continue to grow with even more well-picked beauties.

Return to “Welcome thread”