Hello everyone!

Before posting or replying, please introduce yourself to the SMT Community!
emilymarg

Hello everyone!

Postby emilymarg » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:34 am

Hey! My name is Emily.

I have been following this blog for a few months now. My obsession with makeup brushes started this fall. I decided that I have acquired too much makeup and started to worry that I will end up wasting a lot of the makeup that I currently own. Of course like any makeup addict, I couldn't just stop buying makeup related items all together. Once assessing my collection I realized that I did not have any good tools to apply my makeup with. I owned a few brushes from NARS, MAC and Sephora but I soon discovered how these brands were just the tip of the iceberg.

What I love about collecting makeup brushes is that they allow me to continue to pamper my obsession while being a more practical splurge. Blushes, eyeshadows and lipsticks all expire, but good quality makeup brushes can last a lifetime.

My first high end makeup brush purchase was the Tom Ford Cheek Brush. This quickly opened the door to many more Japanese brushes.

Currently, some of my favourite brushes include:

- Chikuhodo Z-1, Z-2 and Z-8
- Wayne Goss 02, 12, 14, Holiday 2015 brush, eye set
- Rae Morris 23 foundation brush
- Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush

I hope that I can contribute to this forum and am excited to learn more about the world of makeup brushes!

Yinglin

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Yinglin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:53 am

Dear,

Welcome! Im pretty new to this forum as well but everybody is so nice here and it feels like home :)
I share many favourites with you: love the radiance and the chikus...im still waiting for my Beautilish order with my first WG brushes though. Cant wait to get my hands on them since everybody seems so pleased with them :)

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi Emily,

What a lovely name!
Indeed, brushes last much longer than make-up :dance:
On top of that, with great brushes, make-up items that sometimes don't work can be saved and used up, or used differently, or even transformed, either way, you made the right choice!!

That's a great selection of brushes you are mentioning!
I haven't tried the Bobbi B Full coverage, with what products do you use it?

A very warm welcome to you! we are small but crazy community :lol:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

emilymarg

Postby emilymarg » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:29 am

Sonia_Admin wrote:
I haven't tried the Bobbi B Full coverage, with what products do you use it?

I recently purchased it and have been quite pleasantly surprised. I tend to stick to synthetic fibres for foundation and I have found it has a nice round shape, good density while still being flexible enough to blend. The bristles don't clump (I've used for 3 applications and have not washed yet).

I enjoy experimenting with foundation brushes since I think foundation is the base of everything makeup related. I have tried it so far with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, NARS Sheer Glow and NARS TM. It seems to preform well with all but I have not decided what I like it best for.

Return to “Welcome thread”