Exercise and Weight Loss

You want to chat, share your last movie, book, meal, or your last encounter with an extraordinary being
alk1113

Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby alk1113 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:39 pm

So I put on massive amounts of weight over the past 6-8 months or so (probably 30+ lbs). But lately I've made a conscience effort to eat healthier - A LOT healthier, and of course to decrease my caloric intake... it too has been a major factor. I started to hit the treadmill as well, which has been quite the feat considering I have major back/knee/hip problems. But despite my (what I thought was -) incredible progress - the weight wasn't going anywhere :( I was so mad and frustrated. Errrrr! The rage!!! The scale would teeter one way and the next day totter the other Lol Omg!! I've been diligent in counting calories and becoming more active!!! I DON'T FEEL THAT HEAVY - is what I thought. Ahhhhh!! Anyway, I decided... something just can't be right!!! So I bought another scale (mind you, my original scale was quite costly, however, it is a few years old). It arrived today - I stepped on it - I lost 12 lbs. :laughing-rolling: I'm beyond happy.

Just wanted to share :) thanks for reading.

Carlyn

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby Carlyn » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks for sharing. Weight loss is a journey and sometime better taken with company. So glad your efforts are showing. Keep it up. I think eating right is so very important and once you get used to it then it becomes easier to say no to bad stuff. My weakness is sweets, but I've managed to control it now.

I'd love to hear of your progress.

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:03 am

Thanks :) I was so happy to see that there was actually progress. I was starting to get down on myself because I didn't 'see' results on the scale. Such a bummer. But the eating thing is definitely key. Hopefully it won't take too long to drop the rest of the weight and I'll be a happy gal.

I'm not too bad with sweets, but my gosh - I could eat a different pizza every day of the week Lol

Funny thing - when I initially stepped on the scale and realized how much I gained (when I found out about the 30+) I ran straight to Chikuhodo and bought some brushes to make me feel better hahahaha the addiction is real!! Lol

Thanks for reading :ty:

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:03 am

Yes, it is. Just when I think I'm satisfied with my brush collection, someone posts a picture of a brush I must have. Right now there are only 3 things I'm itching for, but I'm just trying for 2 of them because of price. Hopefully will get the 3rd in a few months.

Good luck with your weight loss. You've done so well already, just keep doing what you've been doing. It's so rewarding to see those pounds drop.

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Glad the new scale brought good news.

I always find that whenever I start working out ( I tend to start and stop) it always takes awhile for the weight to start dropping. Say, a month or so.

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:13 pm

@alk, way to go! It is not easy. Personally I find it a daily account that I need to follow closely.

@Carlyn, let me guess - are your lemmings more face brushes? You seem to have a soft spot for those :D

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Thank you for sharing dear! Keep up the good work and I hope you'll reach yr goal soon! I know its hard but dont be too hard on yrself. Treat yrslf every now and then. It helps to keep yrself motivated and the weight loss more FUN!

I know the feeling since I lost 25kg my self abt 11 years ago! I still need to watch my sweet tooth! But I treat myself every now and then ;-)
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:33 am

Awe thanks for your replies everyone - they are so heart felt. I really appreciate it. :ty: :ty: :ty:

You all are my :angelic-innocent: and I'm glad I can share with you :)

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:01 am

Haha, Jeanette you know me so well, so yes and no. A couple of sets are on my radar right now and the face brushes are what I'm eyeing TBH.

Melissa, 25kg, really? Wow, that's quite an accomplishment and you've kept it off because you are tiiiiiny! Okay, so the 2 pounds I need to lose to be at my happy weight doesn't seem so insurmountable now. I love this, let's keep encouraging each other to a healthier us.

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:48 am

Wohoo if I knew it that you're on a mission I wouldn't have sent you 2kg sweets :laughing-rolling: but your BF will be glad that you don't eat all ;) and 1 piece of chocolate is good every day also because it's better than keeping away from all sweets ;)
I have to do something too (maybe 30kg or so )but without sport it's hard !

Return to “Anything else”