Exercise and Weight Loss

You want to chat, share your last movie, book, meal, or your last encounter with an extraordinary being
alk1113

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby alk1113 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:08 pm

212kiki wrote:Wohoo if I knew it that you're on a mission I wouldn't have sent you 2kg sweets :laughing-rolling: but your BF will be glad that you don't eat all ;) and 1 piece of chocolate is good every day also because it's better than keeping away from all sweets ;)
I have to do something too (maybe 30kg or so )but without sport it's hard !

Bwahahahaha I know right?!?! I just can't pass up an opportunity! :laughing-rolling: I have Sunday cheat days anyway :angelic-red: I eat everything! Including some kinder chocolate and hanuta :D :D

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Melissa wrote:Thank you for sharing dear! Keep up the good work and I hope you'll reach yr goal soon! I know its hard but dont be too hard on yrself. Treat yrslf every now and then. It helps to keep yrself motivated and the weight loss more FUN!

I know the feeling since I lost 25kg my self abt 11 years ago! I still need to watch my sweet tooth! But I treat myself every now and then ;-)

Thanks so much :) I usually put on 20-20lbs every couple years because I get super lazy and try to make up for all the food I missed previously LOL but the older I get - the harder this shit is to lose!!! So... no more :naughty:

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:06 pm

alk1113 wrote: the older I get - the harder this shit is to lose!!! So... no more :naughty:

Uurrrggghh tell me about it!! I've treating myself a bit too much this summer. So Im trying to loose 3kg until I reach my "happy weight" again. Sounds A LOT easier than it actually is!! 3kg doesnt sound like a lot to others but when you're petite and short (1,56mtr) like me you will notice every gram I put on! My jeans started to sit a bit too tight on my deriere area. So thats THE sign for me to watch what Im eating!!

It used to be soooo easy to loose 1kg when I was in my early 30s. It took me only a week! Seems everything is slowing down since my 35th Bday!!!!! Im almost 38 now. So I've decided to hit the gym again this Monday!!! Wish me luck.
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:14 am

Get rid of the carbs and sugar. The weight will drop off. My bff did it and he has lost over 30 lbs. since January. I did it two years ago for a brief amount of time and lost weight even without exercise. It's the refined carbs and sugar that makes you gain weight, not fat.
I on the other hand, am not willing to do it so the weight stays on. :lol: :laughing-rolling:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:00 am

That is true, Bea, and it works for me. To me it is a struggle to keep the pounds off, as it seems that I don't "spend" that many calories a day. So I try to stay away from sugar, everything wirh starch (white bread, pasta and rice), and I don't drink calories.
Once in a while I have periods in my life, when I am extra busy and tired, and I feel that I might get extra energie by eating sugar. Of course it doesn't help!
The no sugar and starch makes me sleep better, tight and deep like a baby, so the sugar makes me get less rest from my sleep, which doesn't help the situation of being tired.
So I have to chose with my brains, but my brain seems to take pauses once in a while :character-oldtimer:

Buggsiebee

Postby Buggsiebee » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:11 am

For me, the ONLY way to keep weight down permanently is sport & a good percentage of body muscle. No, I don't enjoy going to the gym to do weight training AT ALL, but since I turned 40 I made it a non negotiable part of my week. I just make the time, find the energy & do it!!
The benefits make the few hours of effort more than worthwhile. I have no health issues, no back issues & eat what I want without weight gain which is a pretty cool deal for a couple of hours of sweat 2 -3 times a week :D

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:02 pm

I agree with the sugar control thing and with exercise. I used to drink a lot of calories in the form of sweet tea (it's a big thing here in Texas) and I became a dessert junkie with my second pregnancy. I had been slender my whole life, but having a baby at 40 and a sweet tooth just did me in. I wasn't terribly above my happy weight, only about 7 pounds, but now I'm only 2 pounds away. I've cut out the sugar except for dessert once a week. I know when I start going to the gym it will get even better. Luckily my body responds quickly to exercise, being thin and flabby is bad too. I love it when my body is toned. I hope to start next week.

Buggsie, I bet you're a knockout with your hard body. And I just have a feeling you're beautiful and I'm dying to see what you look like :) I wish there was a members only page where those of us who don't want their pictures out in public on the internet can post their photographs for other members to see. I really enjoy knowing what the person I'm text chatting with looks like.

Buggsie, we have boys of similar ages, no? So we're around the same age, give or take a few. Just curious.

Buggsiebee

Postby Buggsiebee » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:41 am

Hahaha Carlyn....it's funny how we picture other people just from what they say or the sound of their voice. I must disappoint you though, looks wise I'm totally just the girl next door , or now I would have to say the old lady next door :lol:
And as to that hard body :laughing-rolling: !! At my age, no amount of training is going to give you that. Gravity,collagen loss & three pregnacies do nasty stuff to your skin so that even if the core is firm, the skin ain't :(
In fact I would do well to gain a bit of weight in my face to fill out the wrinkles, but any weight I gain just sits around my middle/ hips. Just got to make the best of it I guess, because it's not going to get any better ;)
My sons are 21, 18 & 12. I had my last one at age 38, which makes me almost 50. I thought that you were closer to 40? What ages are your kids? You have 3, right?

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:47 pm

I think yes sport is the only thing to live healthy and lose weight but when i see how much my very sporty officemates do get sometimes weird illness from sport i think yes sport is killing :?
So very sporty Buggsie since you only have some boys you can put me into your "last will" as the receiver for your brushes collection :angelic-red: :character-oldtimer:
Muaahahahahhaha sorry i hope you forgive me my :twisted: thoughts :whistle: :laughing-rolling: maybe you live a hundred years longer with your stealed hard body than me "couch brush petting thing" :lol:

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:22 pm

One thing about gaining a lot of weigh though, I have less wrinkles bhahahahhaa! :lol: :laughing-rolling:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Return to “Anything else”