US Customs Questions

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Devin

US Customs Questions

Postby Devin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:47 am

Have any of you from the US had your package stopped by customs? My tracking from the Visage/Chikuhodo order states "Inbound Into Customs" so I guess this order got selected. How long does customs take and if you do get taxed it isn't as bad as Europe is it? Thanks everyone.

Carlyn

Re: US Customs Questions

Postby Carlyn » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:00 am

Hi Devin, I wouldn't worry about it. Every one of my EMS packages has been into customs and I have never been taxed. Chikuhodo is great about undervaluing their goods so you should be fine anyway. I have 3 packages currently inbound into customs. Even my CDJapan one with the black Makie was fine and CDJ declares the full value of items. From what I understand, goods less than $1000 aren't taxed, although it may be $800. I think someone here bought the Yakusugi without incurring any taxes. Was it alk1113? Can't remember.

Devin

Postby Devin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:39 am

Thanks Carlyn, I just don't remember seeing anything about customs before so this is good news. I'm not worried about the charge so much as I am leaving early Thursday on a trip and I want my brushes before I leave! Thanks for the reassurance.

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:27 am

Carlyn wrote:Hi Devin, I wouldn't worry about it. Every one of my EMS packages has been into customs and I have never been taxed. Chikuhodo is great about undervaluing their goods so you should be fine anyway. I have 3 packages currently inbound into customs. Even my CDJapan one with the black Makie was fine and CDJ declares the full value of items. From what I understand, goods less than $1000 aren't taxed, although it may be $800. I think someone here bought the Yakusugi without incurring any taxes. Was it alk1113? Can't remember.

Yes ma'am :) no taxes here. Woot woot. I was worried because of the cost - but no problems at all.

Also, I used EMS.

jilliciouscosmetics

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:08 pm

I had one package get stopped inbound in Alaska and it ended up being returned to CDJapan because if the Kolinsky squirrel hair that apparently is "protected". It's only happened once with FedEx. I've never had any issue with EMS. Usually it seems like it's only taken about 2 days if it gets nabbed in customs.

Devin

Postby Devin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:43 pm

jilliciouscosmetics wrote:I had one package get stopped inbound in Alaska and it ended up being returned to CDJapan because if the Kolinsky squirrel hair that apparently is "protected". It's only happened once with FedEx. I've never had any issue with EMS. Usually it seems like it's only taken about 2 days if it gets nabbed in customs.

Interesting since Shu USA site sells kolinsky brushes. If the package doesn't get handed over to Chicago USPS by this evening then I know it is stuck in customs. Thanks for a general time frame. Hopefully it will make it here by Thursday.

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:44 pm

My three packages went into customs and out since yesterday. One will be delivered today. I'm expecting the others tomorrow. Has yours cleared customs yet? Are you still tracking with Japan EMS or have you switched to USPS? I find USPS gives more info once the package hits US shores.
Good luck!

Devin

Postby Devin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Carlyn- Still "Inbound Into Customs" and has been since 11:30 AM on the 24th. I am tracking with USPS.

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:43 pm

I received my chiku/Visage order recently - here's my tracking info. Hope it helps.

Image[img]

Devin

Postby Devin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Thanks alk1113, that is what my previous orders look like too. I only ordered goat and squirrel brushes so there shouldn't be any issue with the hair. It was also a <$300 order so I am not worried about fees. I guess I just got "lucky" this time.

Return to “Beauty General”