Artisan & Artist Bags on Sale

Painting, calligraphy, make-up bags, brush rolls, or any other beauty tool
Devin

Artisan & Artist Bags on Sale

Postby Devin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:00 am

I saw Sonia's beautiful Artisan & Artist makeup and brush bag from her Japan haul and I wanted my own. I ordered this one through Tommy when they were on sale at Rakuten and have since been taken off that site, but the sale bags have reappeared on Amazon.co.jp. Here is the list of Artisan & Artist bags. You can't search for the sale items but all of the "spruce up" (pink and purple bow print) and most of the "color drops" (multicolored splotch print) are 50% off. I cannot say enough about the quality of the bag I bought. I was looking at a Trish McEvoy planner or a Laura Mercier custom artist portfolio which cost more than the Artisan & Artisan sale bags and they aren't as functional. I liked my first bag so much I am currently placing another order with Tommy for a smaller one. If any of you have been looking for a high quality, organized makeup bag or one that can also hold brushes then these are a great deal.

Whee ! Confetti !!

Re: Artisan & Artist Bags on Sale

Postby Whee ! Confetti !! » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:02 am

Whee ! Confetti !! - Where there's confetti, there's a party !

sin

Postby sin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:12 pm

^That one is really cute. I would be too :animals-chicken: to store liquids and brushes in the same compartment though. And brushes with fragile hairs like squirrel might bend out of shape when one of the products accidentally lies on the bristles. (Yes I am the crazy person who would travel with squirrel brushes.... I am a minimalist so I don't have much else to choose from... or should I get a set of brushes just for traveling... but my whole makeup regime relies on the diffusing power of squirrel brushes....I am putting too much thought into this, right?!? :shifty: :animals-chickencatch: :shifty: ) I would def stuff something in between, a silk handkerchief for example.

Zoeva also offers a bag that will hold 20+ brushes: the Zoe makeup bag, not as pretty, but cheaper than the A&A bag.

Artisan & Artist has a shop on Rakuten, too, and they sometimes hold sales. International costumers should contact them before ordering: rakuten@aaa02.com
If we find enough people interested maybe a group order would be possible?

A&A has a German website and some products up on German Amazon, if anyone is interested despite the (disadvantageous?) exchange rate I would be happy to order and ship it anywhere. I just wrote them an email asking for stockists of their beauty bags in Germany and/or other ways to order.
Last edited by sin on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:53 pm

I've always wanted this one ever since I saw it on the A&A site a few years ago. Why? I have no clue. I am the furthest thing from a makeup artist...the furthest thing lol. :lol: :mrgreen:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B008S86LP4/ref=s9_hps_bw_g309_i18?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=19Z0V0QBNEHP9DXHZAY2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=147318149&pf_rd_i=2322642051
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Kay

Postby Kay » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:14 am

Hey Bea, :lol: so funny, I want that one, too. For a second, I thought it could work as a handbag, but the outside brush would look too stupid. The backpack looks nice, hmmm...

Whee ! Confetti !!

Postby Whee ! Confetti !! » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:59 am

Actually I agree with you sin, I would not add my precious brushes in this pouch. I have a pouch from Hakuhodo (the pink one) that is perfect for that, I love it and will probably buy another one in the future (in Kumano next year ? XD).

The Zoeva looks nice ! But it's way too big for me. I don't carry that much brushes when I travel. Actually, I'm trying to take as less as I can ! XD

But for traveling with make up (and some skincare) the Artisan & Artist seems really great ! :D I'm looking for something that can contain quite a bit of make up but still compact and that would not take half of my suitcase like a vanity would. :doh:

The bag is nice and quite big ! :o
Whee ! Confetti !! - Where there's confetti, there's a party !

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:28 am

Kay wrote:Hey Bea, :lol: so funny, I want that one, too. For a second, I thought it could work as a handbag, but the outside brush would look too stupid. The backpack looks nice, hmmm...

I think the reason I like it is because there are so many compartments. I can store other stuff in there. :dance: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Return to “Other types of brushes, tools and accessories”