Shu Uemura New Generation Eyelash S Curler

Painting, calligraphy, make-up bags, brush rolls, or any other beauty tool
Bonnie

Shu Uemura New Generation Eyelash S Curler

Postby Bonnie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:08 pm

So I bought the new Shu S Curler and just received it in the mail today. Still trying to figure out how to use it properly, but so far so good!!

Has anyone else got it and any thoughts?

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shu Uemura New Generation Eyelash S Curler

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:18 am

Are you getting used to it now, is it too time consuming ?
I was wondering if this one was good to accentuate the curve in the outer lashes..
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 am

I'm still getting used to it but I quite like it so far. I'm not sure whether it's the shape of my eye (quite large & round, protruding), but I still find it a little awkward curling my outer lashes, I sort of have to hold my hand/curler at an angle to fit the shape of my eye.

jilliciouscosmetics

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:07 pm

I'd love to try this out. I just bought a Kevyn Aucoin one 2 months ago but I'm not a big fan... I'm constantly pinching my skin with it. Over it.

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:08 am

I find eyelash curlers so personal, because of the shape of the eye so it is really hard to review. I don't have that many, just the Shiseido, the original Shu Uemura, now the new general Shu Uemura S curler, and also the Suqqu curler. Maybe it's with the shape of the eye....

If people are interested, I can take a comparison photo of all 4? I don't own a camera right now, so I will have to wait for the arrival of my new phone until I can take it. My current one is just about on its last.....uhhh, airwaves.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:10 am

Bonnie wrote:I find eyelash curlers so personal, because of the shape of the eye so it is really hard to review. I don't have that many, just the Shiseido, the original Shu Uemura, now the new general Shu Uemura S curler, and also the Suqqu curler. Maybe it's with the shape of the eye....

If people are interested, I can take a comparison photo of all 4? I don't own a camera right now, so I will have to wait for the arrival of my new phone until I can take it. My current one is just about on its last.....uhhh, airwaves.

There's a new version? *crawling out from under rock* Yes pwease Bonnie, comparison pics! No rush though. :ty:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:22 am

Really no problem at all! At the same time, I don't know if there's any use because the S curler is a completely different shape from traditional curlers!

Raglo

Postby Raglo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:51 am

Un peu off topic, but I recently watched a random youtube video comparing the Shu Uemura (original) and Shiseido curlers and in it the youtuber said the lifespan of a pair of curlers is how long the cushion lasts, the original and the replacement it comes with, and one of those lasts an x amount of times, so like a month with daily use, so basically you're supposed to get new curlers every 2 months (so she said). FOR REAL?? I ain't buying curlers 6 times a year, what am I, made of money :shock: ??

What do y'all think? How long do eyelash curlers last? I've only had one pair, the Shiseidos I'm now using, daily, and I've had them for around 6 months. I'm still using the original cushion and... They look and work like brand new (maybe even better than brand new, but I attribute this to my improved technique) :dance: .
Veni, vidi... Bought it.

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:58 pm

I've had my Shiseido for over 1.5 years, old Shu maybe 1 year, Suqqu maybe half a year? Haven't swapped pads with any of them and I can't really tell if there's a difference LOL

But I don't use the same one every day though. It really depends which curler I happen to randomly pick up hahaha

Devin

Postby Devin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:53 am

I personally don't believe what that youtuber says. I have 4 Shu Uemura curlers and the oldest is probably 8 years old or maybe even older. I have replaced the pads on some of them. I personally like a more worn out pad because it gets a better curl for me. I will probably buy the Shiseido soon, but just add it to the rotation like Bonnie and not throw out any. I am a bit eyelash curler crazy.

Return to “Other types of brushes, tools and accessories”