Daiso Brush Detergent & Benjabelle Brush cleansers

Painting, calligraphy, make-up bags, brush rolls, or any other beauty tool
Ann C.

Daiso Brush Detergent & Benjabelle Brush cleansers

Postby Ann C. » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 am

Has anyone tried this product before?

The daiso sponge/brush detergent, the word "detergent" seems harsh but I wonder if its just because Japanese use the word detergent for cleansers? I read that it removes stains quickly.
My sister is giving it to me as a gift but Im scared to try it.. :lol: If anyone has tried them please let me know.. Or I'll try them with my other brushes first before my fave ones. I want to like the daiso detergent because its cheaper than the benjabelle (here in Philippines)

Right now, Im using the benjabelle foaming brush wash & conditioning balm. I bought them because they claim its all natural ingredients. I think I'll use the balm for travel its a good deep cleaning but you use it like when you spot clean and its very handy. I think it works better than the foaming wash but I work faster when I use the foaming wash, probably because its easier to rinse. Bejabelle brush cleansers does not feel as silky as the shampoo+conditioner (even the conditioning balm) but my brushes still feel soft, fluffy and silky.

Before I use all natural shampoo & coditioner (no silicone & sls) but I read that Sonia says its not good to use conditioners because it will make the bristles silkier and might not pick up makeup products. But I might still use them when I run out of my brush cleanses, since my conditioner is silicone free maybe it won't ruin the bristles efficiency to pick products. :think:

jilliciouscosmetics

Re: Daiso Brush Detergent & Benjabelle Brush cleansers

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:57 am

I use the Benjabelle solid cleanser and like it. It doesn't really suds up at all but it does a good job of cleaning without stripping the hair. I've gone thorough about half a tin of it so far and plan on buying it again when I run out. It has an interesting herbal-ish/homemade scent.

sin

Postby sin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:45 am

Yes, I have & use the Daiso Detergent. It is my favorite "heavy duty" cleanser, works very fast, I use it to clean synthetic brushes that I have used with hard to remove things like mud masks or thick foundations. And of course sponges like the Beauty Blender ... it managed to remove all stains from the original, the cheap drugstore BB dupe is still blotchy.
I don't use it on natural hair brushes, if you plan on trying that I would start with a very, very diluted solution. On my white goat haired brushes I use whatever mild, foamy body wash or shampoo I have at hand, I make sure it has little or no oil content. For black goat and squirrel hair I use a diluted solution of water and Dr. Bronner's liquid soap. Due to the oil content it makes brushes a little bit softer. I have more thoughts/ideas on this subject but I need to organize my thoughts on that first, so expect a follow up post in a few days ;)

Ann C.

Postby Ann C. » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Thank you Jillian & Sin!
The daiso brush cleaner arrived but I haven't use it yet. I'll try them with my sigma synthetics and report to Sin. :D
I use the benjabelle conditioning balm for my white goat hair brushes & my sls free shampoo for my squirrels..

Return to “Other types of brushes, tools and accessories”