Exercise and Weight Loss

You want to chat, share your last movie, book, meal, or your last encounter with an extraordinary being
Kay
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:30 am

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby Kay » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:14 am

Congratulations Alk1113 for recognizing your weight gain patterns and taking a public stand to manage it! :clap:

Aside from increasing activity, portion size is critical. What is considered a normal portion in restaurants is way larger than it should be. I don't eat a lot of fast foods, but if I am at McDonald's, I choose a Happy Meal and select milk for my beverage. My husband and I have also begun splitting meals or we take home doggie bags. We eventually got over being embarrassed -- our health is more important!

User avatar
Carlyn
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:00 pm
Location: USA

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby Carlyn » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:53 am

Hi Buggsie, my son is fifteen and my daughter is three. I'll be 44 later this year and I certainly don't feel it. Oh, I'm aware of the changes in my body and my skin, but so far nothing terrible. My mother and older sister, she's 8 years older, are great role models for me. They both look at least 10 years younger than their age and are both healthy and active. My mother has always taken care of her skin and my sister and I have followed closely in her footsteps. My mother is a voracious fruit and vegetable eater and so am I. I just need to reintroduce exercise into my life and I'll be set. I love group fitness classes at the gym and weight training. It really does make a difference in how my body looks without changing my weight.

I'm sure you look a hell of a lot better than what you're letting on :laughing-rolling: We are our own worst critic, aren't we?

User avatar
alk1113
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:36 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby alk1113 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:09 pm

I had an appointment at the weight loss clinic. Down 4.2% body fat! Woot woot! A month of success! The doctor has apparently set next month's goal at 10 lbs! Eeek! :doh:

User avatar
alk1113
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:36 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby alk1113 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Carlyn wrote:Hi Buggsie, my son is fifteen and my daughter is three. I'll be 44 later this year and I certainly don't feel it. Oh, I'm aware of the changes in my body and my skin, but so far nothing terrible. My mother and older sister, she's 8 years older, are great role models for me. They both look at least 10 years younger than their age and are both healthy and active. My mother has always taken care of her skin and my sister and I have followed closely in her footsteps. My mother is a voracious fruit and vegetable eater and so am I. I just need to reintroduce exercise into my life and I'll be set. I love group fitness classes at the gym and weight training. It really does make a difference in how my body looks without changing my weight.

I'm sure you look a hell of a lot better than what you're letting on :laughing-rolling: We are our own worst critic, aren't we?


My goodness - I'd give my left leg to be a voracious vegetable and fruit eater. Lmao. I hate vegetables! I despise them!!!

User avatar
alk1113
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:36 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby alk1113 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Kay wrote:Congratulations Alk1113 for recognizing your weight gain patterns and taking a public stand to manage it! :clap:

Aside from increasing activity, portion size is critical. What is considered a normal portion in restaurants is way larger than it should be. I don't eat a lot of fast foods, but if I am at McDonald's, I choose a Happy Meal and select milk for my beverage. My husband and I have also begun splitting meals or we take home doggie bags. We eventually got over being embarrassed -- our health is more important!


Thanks so much Kay I appreciate it :ty:

Buggsiebee
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby Buggsiebee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:30 pm

Haha Alk! You sound like my sons :lol: They also don't 'do' veg!
Fortunately I LOVE salads, but I find the best way to get fruit into me is to take it along to work. If I'm hungry, I'll eat it. It's not that I don't like fruit, but I wouldn't choose it over bread. Basically I'm a carb junkie which is why I need lots of muscle mass to chomp all the carb calories I consume. Do you know that muscle eats calories even while you sleep?

User avatar
alk1113
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:36 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby alk1113 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Buggsiebee wrote:Haha Alk! You sound like my sons :lol: They also don't 'do' veg!
Fortunately I LOVE salads, but I find the best way to get fruit into me is to take it along to work. If I'm hungry, I'll eat it. It's not that I don't like fruit, but I wouldn't choose it over bread. Basically I'm a carb junkie which is why I need lots of muscle mass to chomp all the carb calories I consume. Do you know that muscle eats calories even while you sleep?


Omg! I knoooooow! I love bread AND CHEESE! I just quit them though. I quit everything :laughing-rolling: I'm so glutinous :whistle: I know nothing in moderation lmao

Buggsiebee
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby Buggsiebee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:50 pm

212kiki wrote:I think yes sport is the only thing to live healthy and lose weight but when i see how much my very sporty officemates do get sometimes weird illness from sport i think yes sport is killing :?
So very sporty Buggsie since you only have some boys you can put me into your "last will" as the receiver for your brushes collection :angelic-red: :character-oldtimer:
Muaahahahahhaha sorry i hope you forgive me my :twisted: thoughts :whistle: :laughing-rolling: maybe you live a hundred years longer with your stealed hard body than me "couch brush petting thing" :lol:


Hey Kiki :D , I only do as much sport as I have to to keep my body healthy. I'm NOT a sport junkie at all, although I admit that I do feel better about me when I leave the gym after a good session.
My dog sitter is a sport fanatic & has just had to have a back op because she had so much pain that she hasn't slept through at night for over a year.
My ex hubby played soccer from the moment he could walk & played professional soccer for many years and he too has plenty issues with his joints, neck & back. So YES, I agree, Sport is Mord.....if you overdo it. We know the rule.....everything in moderation!!! :character-oldtimer: ......except when collecting brushes & things of course ;)

User avatar
Melissa
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:42 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby Melissa » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Buggsiebee wrote:Do you know that muscle eats calories even while you sleep?

:laughing-rolling: Buggsie...this is what my personal trainer told me a while back. I jumped
On those weight dumbles immediately!
But its true though!!

I really need to rediscover my "six packs" again!! I barely see them anymore :(
Oh and thank goodness I have trained myself to love veg n fruit! I eat lots of them every day!
My stomach cant bare much meat or dairy and gluten. So I eat fish almost every day and I make my own glutenfree crispy mueslie for breakfast.
And I leave out pasta n bread too! From time to time rice, esp when my Mom is cooking her delicious Indonesian dishes :) :)

Not much left for me to eat huh!!

But if its "that time of month" again hell breaks loose in my fridge :laughing-rolling: Hello muffins, chocolate, Haagen Dasz and frites ;-) ;-) ;-) Gluten n sugarfree muffins tho LOL
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

Buggsiebee
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby Buggsiebee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:20 pm

It sounds like you will be seeing your six pack soon! Your diet sound super healthy! I wish that I ate more fish......and I'm not talking tinned tuna here ;) My boys don't 'do' fish either, so it's kind of a waste of time to cook it as it would only be for me & I'd have to do something different for them. I swear that my stomach would digest stones! I really can't begin to imagine how difficult it must be to have food intollerances/ allergies. Perhaps one is forced to eat more healthily?


Return to “Anything else”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests