Feeding Your Beauty

You want to chat, share your last movie, book, meal, or your last encounter with an extraordinary being
Dena

Feeding Your Beauty

Postby Dena » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:12 am

I get very evangelical about healthy eating, and it's such a cliché, but it really is true that what you put into your body will have an impact on what your body looks like on the outside.

Good-quality fish oils are a must for everyone, and seem to work particularly well for women. The oils from nuts and seeds are also good, and you don't need a lot (1 tsp a day is enough) to reap the benefits.

Take a look at your fingernails; these are always a good indication of how nourished you are generally, and if you are eating the right nutrients for your nails, you are most probably on the right track to eating correctly for good hair growth, as you need similar proteins for both good hair and nail growth.

Your body will obviously benefit from the inclusion of whole foods in your diet, and the elimination, as far as possible, of processed foods, refined sugars and grains, etc. You will see the difference in your skin, hair, and nails.

Jeanette

Re: Feeding Your Beauty

Postby Jeanette » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:48 pm

@Dena, I am also very concerned with healthy eating and to nourish my family well. Our diet leans towards paleo, though our three teenagers do so much sport that they need some starch too. So we don't follow it religiously, we just tend to focus on a lot of vegetables, good proteines, and fulfilling taste.

Regarding fish oils, we watched a documentary on TV about fish oils being produced by rotten fish, so that made me stay away from it. Do you know of a way to ensure that it is made from fresh fish?

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:38 pm

OMG, you are so well behaved ! I am totally nuts when it comes to food, sad... :shifty:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:11 pm

smtadmin wrote:OMG, you are so well behaved ! I am totally nuts when it comes to food, sad... :shifty:

We really should enjoy the good things in life, and food is one of them! And with all your roller scating you can allow it :)

ShondaCornejo

Postby ShondaCornejo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:03 am

I prefer healthy eating and healthy living

Return to “Anything else”