HAUL + Pics

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Jeanette

Re: HAUL + Pics

Postby Jeanette » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:23 am

You guys are so lucky. It sounds so cosy that you can get together!
I think that the Kiwamis' performance can be more or less duplicated by other brushes. It is the wholeness of hair type, shapes, craftmanship, and handles that makes the set so attractive espec for collectors. I'd certainly buy it, if it came up for sale again. But I also think that you can do your makeup similarly with other brushes *words of comfort* :violin: I continue to tell myself that :D

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Seriously jaw dropping gorgeous,Bea! :drool: :drool: I'm really glad you got them and not surprised seeing how amazing it look ! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :romance-hearteyes: :romance-inlove:

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:00 am

midnitedesire wrote:Seriously jaw dropping gorgeous,Bea! :drool: :drool: I'm really glad you got them and not surprised seeing how amazing it look ! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :romance-hearteyes: :romance-inlove:

:ty: Tesla!
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:04 am

Cat and I split the Hakuhodo Christmas 2014 set. She took the face brushes and I took the eyeshadow brushes - tamage pencil and eyeliner/smudge brush and a canadian squirrel brush. I tried the tamage brushes and it's love for both! I took the pouch too and it's really neat inside and not as ugly on the outside as it looks in photos. :lol:
IMG_0154a.jpg
:mrgreen:
Bea

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:33 am

Woooo hooo Bea & Cat!!!! Im still convincing myself I dont need it. Hopefully they'll be sold out soon so I dont have to think abt getting it anymore :) :)

Praying the tamage will be part of the perm line soon!
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Melissa wrote:Woooo hooo Bea & Cat!!!! Im still convincing myself I dont need it. Hopefully they'll be sold out soon so I dont have to think abt getting it anymore :) :)

Praying the tamage will be part of the perm line soon!

I have told Marty about the tamage pencil brush already. He appreciates the feedback and says he will mention it in his meeting with the Haku execs in January. Cross your fingers. :mrgreen:
Bea

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Bea and Melissa, I sure hope it happens. I would love to get the Tamage pencil brush. Would it help to write him myself? Maybe we should sign a petition.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:54 pm

Carlyn wrote:Bea and Melissa, I sure hope it happens. I would love to get the Tamage pencil brush. Would it help to write him myself? Maybe we should sign a petition.

I have already told him WE all want them lol. :lol: :mrgreen:

Of course Marty will be concentrating on hair that can be imported into the US and tamage is banned. I told him we still wanted it and had ways to acquire these banned brushes directly from Japan. I will mention it again, don't worry. :mrgreen:
Bea

arch

Postby arch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:29 am

My consolidated order from Tenso was delivered yesterday afternoon; here are the brushes — all washed — that were forwarded to me. (All of the stores mentioned below accept CCs as a payment method.)

MONDO-artist [D], which might share the same OEM as the Wayne Goss #13? The measurements are similar, but the former has a matte ferrule and white bristles instead. For the price, I was expecting the goat hair to be at least as soft as my Tom Ford cheek brush — the softest in my collection; thankfully the saikoho hair used in the MONDO-artist [D] is just as soft. The high-quality materials and solid construction only adds to my suspicion that the MONDO-artist line is probably manufactured by Hakuhodo.

Left to right: Keshoya L03, L15, L02 and L05. In terms of craftsmanship I would say these well-balanced brushes are comparable to Kyureido. The L03 is made of average/good quality grey squirrel hair and feels about as soft as my R-C2. The L02 and smaller L05 (35mm) are both made of very good quality saikoho; they are much less dense and feel softer than my Koyudo white mushroom. (But please keep in mind that I am convinced my kinoko was part of an unusually coarse batch.) The L15 is made of (Miyako-zome) dyed black goat hair, which bled slightly during its initial wash. The thicker sokoho bristles are pretty stiff and just as prickly as you'd imagine for this particular hair type; this is the densest out of all the Keshoya brushes with this oval 50mm size/shape included in my order.

No measurements are listed for any of the brushes, but Taka from Keshoya was kind enough to answer my questions (in English) and give me more information about dimensions and hair types before I placed an order. I've uploaded the catalog of their entire brush lineup, which includes brushes that aren't listed online, and made it available to view/download as a spreadsheet here. (N.B. Click on the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet to see the brushes with the respective L, S and SS handle types.)

KCB-CB; a mini version of the Koyudo fu-pa14. Except for the smaller overall size, which makes it feel much denser in comparison, I'd say all of the same general comments/reviews for the fu-pa14 still apply. I'm sure the really strong "nail polish" glue odor will dissipate soon. Image Kumanofude-center is offering both, and all of the brushes in their inventory for that matter, at lower prices — before the recent adjustment took effect.
Last edited by arch on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:59 am

Thanks for sharing your finds Arch, clever sleuthing on your part. The Mondo D brush really appeals to me, probably because I enjoy the WG13. It's on my wishlist now.

Return to “Beauty General”