Shopping in kumano

Animor

Shopping in kumano

Postby Animor » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:03 am

I don't know if is ok to post here but i wanted to share my experience of shopping in Kumano. in the last days of July, taking advantage of a vacation of my husband we made a little trip to Hiroshima. Of course I dragged husband and daughter in Kumano ;) . Our experience was wonderful. If you do not have a rental car to get to Kumano you have to take a bus that leaves from the bus stop number 13 in front of the Hiroshima station. After 40 minutes you are in the promissed land. Here things get a bit more complicated. Get to the museum and the various brushes manifactures is fairly easy ( we have done it with babycar and a little kicking girl) but the road can be considered a bit long. So you can want to take a taxi, especially to reach the museum and Hakuhodo located at the opposite ends of the little city. I think that by Sonia it has already be mentioned several times that hakuohodo has some special sets and manifactures like Chikuhodo and Koyudo give a 20% discount for purchase on the site. Is almost trite to say, but all of them were very kind. My child have recived here first small brush in present. I also received a beautiful brush as a gift from chikuhodo. They said that the brush was a waste because of a small scratch on the handle, but believe me is really good and that Scrach can hardly be seen. Mr Yutaro Takemori has been incredibly kind showing the production of their brushes live and explaining all the work done in perfect english. (I was really ashamed of my patched english and basic japanese :doh: )

Carlyn

Re: Shopping in kumano

Postby Carlyn » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:28 am

Hi Animor, thanks for sharing your experience shopping in Kumano, the Mecca for us brush lovers. I would love to visit there and feel for myself the wonderful experiences and interactions you had with the lovely people who create such fantastic brushes. Would you be able to share pics of the brushes you bought and received as gifts? We all love to see pictures.

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:31 am

This sounds wonderful, Animor!
They really seem to be so kind and welcoming. Your experience makes me want to go there even more :) Thanks for sharing!

gatos

Postby gatos » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:53 am

How wonderful this promised land sounds, thank you for sharing @Animor! I concur with Carlyn, we love pics ;)

Kay

Postby Kay » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:25 am

Hi Animor, thank you for sharing your experience. You make it sound so doable and easy that I am tempted to go next time my husband and I visit Japan.

Animor

Postby Animor » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:29 am

I know that moving in japan can seem scary to those who come from abroad but it' s really simple, there are a lot of directions board, public transport are frequent and punctual and above all friendly people. Kumano also have an excellent and friendly Informacion Center when you can relax with japanese tea and biscuits. The center is located on the main road within very little walking distance from the bus stop. Speaking of brushes my budget and my technical knowledge (make-up) are very limited so my selection was limitaded of most wanted, practical and naturally beutiful brushes. I have done same photos but the size is too big and i can't post, if i found out how to make them small im going to post them. Sorry.

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:56 am

@Animor, upload them to an album in your facebook account. Facebook automatically minimizes the photos. You can set the privacy settings for that album to "only you", in case you don't want to publish them. In facebook right click on the picture and save to your PC. This picture then has the right size for the forum.

For uploading in a post in the forum, chose "Upload attachment" just under the Submit button.

Kay

Postby Kay » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:43 am

Animor, thanks for your words of encouragement! My husband and I have been going to Japan annually but we have yet to visit Kumano as it seemed too far from downtown Hiroshima...and was not something that would interest him. I give you a lot of credit for bringing your husband and baby! But I think I'll try to convince him next time.

Animor

Postby Animor » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:00 pm

These are the brushes bought from chikuhodo. I brought the passion series in the first day and recived the powder brush as a present. The next day i went back and brought the R series (i can' t leave Hiroshima without them :P ) and recived the liner as a new present. If you are asking why go a second time is because in our first visit to Kumano we found out that the museum was closing in that day for special reason ( they were open during japanese vacation for tourist) so we got back on the day after. Luckily for me i was able to buy more. The two present don't have name on them, the handles remind me of those of kanebo but this it 's only my guess. The powder is a mix of goat and synthetic fibers, but is soft and easy to use. The scratch is really small i can't really found it at first. The liner have a similar little scratch but it's so small as not be visible on photo.
Attachments
image.jpg
The small scratch on the powder brush
image.jpg
Chikuhodo(kanebo?) powder and liner brush
image.jpg
Chikuhodo Rc 2 and Rs 4 in red
image.jpg
Chikuhodo passion cheek, higlight, lip brush
image.jpg
Chikuhodo passion and R series

Animor

Postby Animor » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:22 pm

These are my other purchase made under the worried gaze of my husband :angelic-red: . All brushes have already been washed and i can say that theyr shape remained almost unchanged. The chikuhodo passion cheek have became a little more swollen and the powder (chikuhodo/kanebo) have lost a little bit of dye.
Attachments
image.jpg
The case filled
image.jpg
J 5521 and j 4005
image.jpg
Hakuhodo blue case, j 5521 and j4005
image.jpg
A little present from koyudo people to my daughter
image.jpg
Koyudo Fu-pa 14 and 13p

Return to “Shopping”