Exercise and Weight Loss

You want to chat, share your last movie, book, meal, or your last encounter with an extraordinary being
gatos

Re: Exercise and Weight Loss

Postby gatos » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:10 am

Wow, thank you Angela for sharing with us, you go girl!!! It's so so hard to stay motivated when the results don't seem to come, but even with that faulty scale, you did it! :greetings-clapyellow: Keep it up my friend :romance-heartbeating: Like Buggsie said, once you have more muscle weight, even sleeping will do part of the job for ya :)

Melissa, If I've ever known someone with determination to get what they want, it's you! I can't believe you lost that much weight back then, I am so impressed. Go for that six pack girl, I know you can do it! But be careful, don't want no sports injuries in SMUTville!

Yeah, every single one of my friends who is mad into soccer has had a knee injury at some point... and most of them needed surgery :( Like Buggsie said, all in moderation except brushes of course! (Well, and perfumes, and shoes, and nail polishes, and vintage kimonos... :lol: )

You guys are all motivating me to go back to the gym! :ty: I had a nice rhythm going last year, but since I broke my ankle in a skiing accident in January it all went kaputt. It still hurts, but supposedly I am allowed to do whatever I want now, so maybe it's time I slowly ramp it up again.

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:12 am

Thank you for sharing,hun! :D I'd love to lose about 3-4 kg,this really makes me think of may be time to go back to start healthy lunch box to work. I do fairly good when it comes to dinners and breakfasts but lunches nah, not so good

I had two colleagues who ate McDonald's regularly so I joined them,well not their fault tho, I just really love Mcwrap caprese (chicken, sliced tomatoes, mozzarella ,fresh rucola leaves and dressing wrapped up in tortilla ) luckily, it has been discontinued hahaha but still I haven't been eating healthy foods at all and I've been kind of a ham and cheese sandwich kind of girl lately :(

anyway,I enjoy bike rides and hiking for a few times a week and I love sauna, but I do it for relaxation you know b/c my appetite is increase after a workout lol

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Oh and you know , I spends almost every other weekend with my gp and my grandmother generally serves about 4 courses as part of the meal... happy tummy, healthy mind hahaha :lol:

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:52 pm

midnitedesire wrote:Oh and you know , I spends almost every other weekend with my gp and my grandmother generally serves about 4 courses as part of the meal... happy tummy, healthy mind hahaha :lol:

Well, if there is one thing I can NOT resist is my Mom's Indonesian home cooked meal! Just once a month I throw all my diet out of the window!!! Really worth the next 7 days of fruit and veggies.
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

Kay

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Exercise is a double edged sword for me. I started 4 years ago and have had injuries even when exercise has been done in classes under supervision. The exercise has helped with strength, aerobic capacity, balance, posture, not to mention I look better than before I retired, but small wrong moves here and there have caused trips to doctors and therapy. I thought it was unusual, but maybe not, judging from what has been written here. My jock teacher seems to have quite a few chronic issues for someone her age. However, the alternative of not being conditioned is worse, so I persist...

Buggsiebee

Postby Buggsiebee » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:51 pm

@ Kay, I can totally relate to injuries in fitness classes. Even in Yoga/ Pilates. There is just not enough control when so many people are excercising together. I know that courses are more fun & encourage one to stretch ones limits, but exactly that leads to injuries.
Do you have the MILON cardio / strength training circles at your gym? If not, you should look for a gym which offers them. The movement is pretty controlled, so your injury risk is about zero.

Kay

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:32 pm

@Buggsiebee. Never heard of it but I just googled and will check out further. Thanks!

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Updates:

So I'm happy to report that after eating 2 kgs of German Chocolate - I have not gained a pound - NOT A ONE Lmao :ty: Sarah!! Its unbelievable hahaha

But... I went to the doctor and apparently they suspect I have a left knee meniscus tear, Osteoarthritis (which I've known this for a long long time/but hips and back - Knees are new) and some nonsense about cartilage wearing down.

eh, what can you do? I've had musculoskeletal disorders all my life. I had spinal fusion when I was 23 so - I'm use to it. Not going to fret :)

But I have some MRIs scheduled to verify the tear and I suppose they will consider a number of routes for treatment.

So the weight loss will be a little slower at this point and every piece of chocolate in the house has already been devoured lmao so back to baked chicken and spinach salads :)

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:35 pm

So sorry about your knees. I do hope it isn't as bad as you think. Good job maintaining your weight, it's so hard to do.

Kay

Postby Kay » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:59 pm

@alk1113 - you have a good attitude about not fretting. I also have osteoarthritis. I just found out that what I had thought was good posture is not so I now have to deal with resulting issues. Good luck with your MRI and treatment...and with weight management, also. I am rooting for you!

Return to “Anything else”