Today, I bought...

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
dusty

Re: Today, I bought...

Postby dusty » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:38 am

Today is a happy day... package from UK & package from Japan arrived at the same time!
Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.49.10 PM.png

From left to right
- Suqqu cheek
- Suqqu eye brow pencil in grey: tried on one brow, PERFECT colour match for my brows. No warm undertone. Easy & natural. The RAEviewer will be doing a review on this soon (as she stated in her video.)
- By Terry eye palette in Nude. I was not going to get this... but I love their blushes so much that I had to give this a try. With this palette I will skip the Viseart nude palette (at least this is the plan lol)
- Suqqu eyeliner brush D
- Cle de Peau highlighter #14

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.50.40 PM.png
samples!

These samples are the cherry on top that really made my day. I am actually researching about the Suqqu cream foundation, and here Toshiya included 2 cream foundie & 2 liquid foundie samples! in one of the two shades that might work for me! I have so much love for him!!!

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Nice haul, dusty!

Tara

Postby Tara » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:17 pm

That's a great haul! been wanting to get that palette, but got distracted by brushes! I'd love to know what you think of it. :D

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Dusty, nice haul! I love my Suqqu cheek a lot. I've been looking at the ByTerry palette, can you do swatches and let us know what you think?

dusty

Postby dusty » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:25 pm

@ Tara @ Carlyn Sorry about the late reply but this palette is very different from all the eyeshadows I have owned so far so it takes quite sometime to figure out how to use (part of) the palette. I am still discovering new possibilities; but I figure I should provide my two cents now since it is LE item.

Background: I have owned some typical American brand e/s, the best one in my stock, in my opinion, are the new ones from Make Up Forever. I do not own e/s from Urban Decay, Rough Bunny Rough, or Suqqu.

Coding: Top row from left to right: A1 ~ A5; bottom: B1 ~ B5.

1. Most impressive: these shadows DO NOT CREASE without primer ladies! I have oily lids and every other eyeshadow creases (lancome, smashbox, Nars, MUF). I remember one time they creased a little bit (a barely detectable line) but most of the colour stayed in place. I dabbed my fingers on the lines to remove them and my eye makeup looked as good as in the morning. I don't use product on my eye lids, just a bit of eye cream if they are dry.

2. Most unique: the colours have a certain degree of transparency in it (wet & dry). The colours can be intense if multiple layers applied, but not opaque. (think about very dark sunglasses). I actually find this property desirable. However, not opaque hinders A1 & A5 to be used wet as a very dramatic eyeliner (they still work fine as subtle eyelining)

3. The struggle: these colours are so blendable that over-blending is the real struggle for me. I also find that my blending brush is too big to bland these colours here. I feel I need Wayne Goss 05 to do precise blending.

4. A2 is an unique gorgeous colour. It reminds me of Nars Duo intensity colour in Himalaya, with more superior texture and more sophisticated colour. And I think this is the only unique in this palette. (A3, A4 are metallic colours but sadly they dont look nice on me...yet...)

5. B2, B3, B4 are nice base colors that hide skin discoloration, even out skin tone. So far I am not able to build true to pan colour (both wet & dry). B4 highlights the brow bone without any detectable trace of product.... as if my brow bones are naturally high (see the 2nd point). These colour themselves are not unique, but the effect they achieve are still pretty unique.

6. A3, A4, B1 makes my eye makeup looks dirty probably because these are very cool-toned colours AND overblending (yellow undertone skin). I wish one of these colours was warm-toned.

7. A2, A3, A4 has a sheen in the colour but no detectable shimmer; the rest are matt.

8. There are some other trivia but interesting properties... but I think this post is long enough....

Sorry about the long post... It is an impulse purchase that I do not regret. But it is not a must have at that price point unless you do not like use eye primers or you do not own many neutrals. Currently I am not planning to purchase the other palette. If it stick around as a perminet product, I might purchase in the far future. On my current wish list, Suqqu, RBR, Surratt shadows are ahead.

BTW SURRATT JUST LAUNCHED ON SEPHORA ONLINE SHOP.... MY WALLET STARTS SCREAMING ALREADY! :mrgreen:

Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:32 am

Thanks, Dusty. It was a very helpful post! I own mostly neutrals, and was going to get this one not really because i need it haha, but because I like the brand and am always interested in trying new makeup. I don't really have an issue with opacity, since I have naturally dark lids, so even without make up i look like I have eyeshadow on. I also don't have any issues with creasing eyeshadow, with or without a primer. I'm now on the fence about it after reading your review. The one thing keeping this on my list is the fact that it is LE! :laughing-rolling: Thanks, again! :D

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:35 am

Thanks for the great review notes Dusty! I am really digging this palette. And I didn't need to hear that Surratt is available online at Sephora, blergh... :ty: :lol: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

gatos

Postby gatos » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Don't worry Bea, we are safe! They don't ship the brushes to Canada.... Don't ask me how I found out :whistle:

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:04 pm

gatos wrote:Don't worry Bea, we are safe! They don't ship the brushes to Canada.... Don't ask me how I found out :whistle:

No such thing @gatos, we have polish mules in the US dear. :lol: :laughing-rolling: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

laura

Postby laura » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:39 am

I placed my first order to CDJapan +month ago. It took forever to dispatch and weirdly they charged my account after I had received the brushes, which confused me a little bit, but otherwise I was very happy with my new Koyudos and their shipping etc. :D There was -20% discount so I justified myself fu-pa13p which I've been sceptic about, but now I'm confident I need some new foundation brushes! I also ordered BP014 as I've read it's really similar to the one in Chikus GSN series, but softer. Lately I've used BHA exfoliators and applying foundation makes my skin peel very easily, so I'm into trying something new~

Return to “Beauty General”