Today, I bought...

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
brushjunkie

Re: Today, I bought...

Postby brushjunkie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:08 pm

@laura: I have the fu-pa13. That is my one of my staple foundation brushes. I have two of them. :lol: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Fri May 01, 2015 9:14 am

@Laura as Bea, I have 2 FuPa13 as well. It's my most beloved foundation brush :romance-hearteyes: Recently I also fell in love with a new one from Takeda, the 23RFSS Extra fine goat round buffing brush: http://takeda-brush.com/ProductData/Foundation-gel.html

Karla

Postby Karla » Fri May 15, 2015 2:55 am

A few days ago i took advantage of ebates 16% cash back for tons of stores and ordered the tom ford cream foundation brush from saks and the Marc Jacobs concealer brush and received them today, and i looove both of them, i been using my beauty blender but it was a PITA to clean and i already had it for so long that instead of buying a new one i replaced it with brushes. Seeing the tom ford brush IRL its actually a good size and shape for me, not too small as i thought it would be, i plan to use it with my estee lauder DW light which has a thick consistency, and the concealer brush has a nice shape, looks like a finger and the handle is glossy black, remindes me of the chiku z series, very pretty; oh and forgot to add i also got the benjabelle Daisy brush tree which is awesome :dance:

laura

Postby laura » Fri May 15, 2015 3:05 am

@Bea and @Jeanette,

I loooove my new fu-pa baby! :romance-hearteyes:How I've ever managed to live without it? Incredibly soft and funnily enough quite a small brush, but boy it's easy to blend foundation with! Everything just glides on perfectly. I need to learn how to wash it properly to keep it's shape.

Oh dear, I smell a fu-pa addiction coming.. :whistle: :D

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Fri May 15, 2015 12:10 pm

@laura: Welcome to the fu-pa addiction club! :lol: :mrgreen:

@Karla: I don't have that particular TF brush but what I really like (and was surprised by) are the handles. Not just the way they look, but how well-balanced they feel in the hand. :clap: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Fri May 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Congrats, Laura!

I wash mine with warm water and a gentle shampoo. I just wet it under running water, put some shampoo in the palm of my hand, and dip and rotate the brushhead in the shampoo. It needs a lot of rinsing under running water to press all the shampoo out.
Then I press the bristles together, so I get as much water as possible out, and I lay the brush flat for drying, so no water get into the ferrule and disolves the glue.

Enjoy!

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Fri May 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Karla, congrats! I love the Tom Ford brushes. They look luxurious and are so well made. Really high quality. Do you have the no 13 crease blending brush? It's my favourite, but I love all of them. I have the eyebrushes.

Return to “Beauty General”